Is your air conditioner not cooling? Before you call Alco Air to schedule an air conditioning repair for your Longview, Texas area home or business, try these tips first:
Before You Call – AC Troubleshooting Checklist
- Thermostat – The temperature should be set below the current room temperature. The system switch should be set to “COOL” or “AUTO” and the fan switch should be set to “ON” or “AUTO.” If the air conditioner is not turning on, try setting the thermostat to a lower temperature.
- Filter – If the airflow seems weak, change your air filter. A dirty filter can disrupt airflow.
- Registers – Check registers to make sure they are open and not obstructed.
- Power – Check the power disconnect switch at the outdoor and indoor location to make sure power is on.
- Fuse Breaker – Check the fuse breaker at the electrical panel to make sure power is on.
Sometimes a simple fix is all you need! However, if you try the tips on this checklist and your AC is not cooling, then Alco Air will be glad to provide you with a professional solution.